JOB SEARCH TIPS
8 Inspiring Success Stories from Work-from-Home Moms and Dads
Working from home can bring on a whole host of benefits: no commute, less stress, in many cases, fewer distractions, and financial savings. Working from home as a parent ups the ante with the benefit of more time for your children.
Working parents may likely agree that time is short when you have to rush out the door early in the morning to spend nine or more hours at your job. Becoming a work-at-home mom or dad can bridge the gap between needing to work and not spending all of your time doing so. Below we’re featuring eight inspiring success stories from moms and dads who used FlexJobs to find a work-from-home job. And after that, check out a few tips for finding your own remote job.
1. Melanee C., Hired at Hospitality Softnet as Report Writer: “I recommend this site to everyone. I can’t believe how quickly I found the perfect position for myself! I am a stay-at-home mom, and I was actively looking for a position that was remote and flexible, so I would not have to pay for daycare for my kids. With previous hotel experience, I read the description for the Hospitality Softnet position and knew it was the job for me! Now I work a flexible position at home, and I am loving every minute of it!”
2. Aaron D., Hired at Ashford University as Associate Faculty – Philosophy: “I was able to secure a part-time job teaching college courses online that really helps support my family!”
3. Lauren L., Hired at Study.com as Lesson Reviewer: “FlexJobs helped me find exactly what I was looking for as a stay-at-home mom. I had many interviews, but I couldn’t be happier with the two jobs I was hired for. The FlexJobs service is amazing and I have encouraged two friends to join.”
4. Gabriel R., Hired at Goodway Group as Digital Media Coordinator: “Initially, I was looking for something part-time that I could do from home. As I did more research, I discovered that there are also many full-time opportunities available with great companies. I looked into these jobs because being able to work from home would open up a lot of possibilities and flexibility for my family. I applied for one full-time job, went through a rigorous application and assessment process, and got the job. My new company is fantastic, and I couldn’t be happier.”
5. Elizabeth B., Hired at National Collegiate Scouting Association – NCSA as Inside Sales Recruiting: “Thank you! I love your site! It was extremely helpful in finding what works for a mom who needed to telecommute and have a real job!”
6. Dave C., Hired at Contenzio as Freelance Copywriter: “I have been transitioning to a full-time virtual/remote lifestyle with flexible scheduling. FlexJobs has repeatedly enabled me to more quickly search for relevant positions related to telecommuting. FlexJobs has helped me find the hours I need to support my lifestyle and the flexibility in my day to be help my kids, get to the gym, and work overnight when life throws me a curveball. I will definitely return to this site.”
7. Brittany S., Hired at Conduent as Customer Care Senior Assistant: “I am divorced with two small boys. I also am working on completing a bachelor’s in computer science. Working from home complements my life completely. FlexJobs was invaluable in my job search. I tell everyone about FlexJobs!”
8. Chad H., Hired at Appen as Social Media Evaluator: “Excellent source for challenging, flexible schedule jobs to supplement my income. Best job site I have ever used. I had begun a partnership with a medical distributor and wasn’t making enough to support my family, so I subscribed to FlexJobs and saw new opportunities daily. I have finally found autonomy and jobs to support me as I build my medical business. FlexJobs is easy to use, reminded me daily of new jobs, and was great for finding high-paying, remote work—would highly recommend to anyone.”